Here are some fun facts about Aubrey at 23 months old:
- her favorite book is "Hop on Pop" and she can recite it
- she is still loud and intense
- trying really hard to jump or "hop!" as she says
- she's a cuddler; she needs physical touch
- wears 24 month or 2T clothes, 7 shoes, and size 5 diaper
- has started "potty talk" a lot, but we are not even thinking about potty training until late summer
- she is MUCH more verbal and independent than Langley was at this age
- some of my favorite things she says all the time are "ready, set, go!" "that's bunny (funny)," "kankoo mommy (thankyou)," "oh dat cute."
- sings her ABC's and parts of lots of other songs
- she greets everyone, generally social, and loves "babies" (anyone under age 10 to her is a baby)
- has long and crazy hair, but we are getting it cut after her birthday. I thinks she's more of a spunky short hair girl for now
-prefers apple juice to milk (I still give her 1/2 water 1/2 juice,) still not good with utensils
- loves puppies and "b-balls"
- spends most of her time running, clapping, dancing, and shaking her booty
- identifies all her body parts, some letters, and a few colors
- she is SUCH A JOY and we are so thankful for her!
We celebrated Langley turning 4 and Aubrey's upcoming 2nd birthday with a joint party last weekend.
We kept it simple and had it at a state park with our "framily" (close friends and family) and team. It was a little cold, but a fun time for all! I'm so thankful for those that were able to come celebrate our girls.
Our guests enjoying the "hot diggity dog" lunch.
Attempt at a family picture. The only one out of 20 were we are all looking.
The attempt of a sister picture (with adorable matching shirts.) Clearly, this was successful.
4 generations. We just didn't bring our picture-taking game on this day.
Some of the decorations before I was all set up.
I have mixed feelings about the joint parties, but the best part? I'm done with birthday parties for the year! Now, we will still make Aubrey's actual day special (like we did with Langley's,) but the parties are taken care of. I hope they both felt special!!