It took me 2 full days of unpacking, organizing, and cleaning to even make a dent in the housework. Plus, the girls have both been under the weather and had a doctor's visit. They've both had a hard time adjusting to normal bed times and wake up times and Langley is so obsessed with some of her new things that she's woken up in the middle of the night (think 3,4 am) to PLAY. And, she's coughing. The cough is not fun for anyone. Mommy is tired.
Tonight is our annual team Christmas party! I'm looking forward to it; the girls will watch a lot of tv/movies today so I can cook and prepare. Just keeping it real.
2012 and 2013 were the hardest years of my life. 2013 definitely got better as the year went on, but I'm excited to see what 2014 will hold.
Top 5 in 2013
1. Selling our house!
2. Trip to North Carolina for FCA Coach's retreat
3. Josh being inducted into the CBC sports hall of fame, our Eagles setting a school record with 19 wins last season
4. Taking Langley to the circus and disney live; taking her and Aubrey to the movies, to the beach, and on the "grandparent tour"
5. Watching the girls experience Christmas. They loved the music, the decorations, the lights, celebrating Jesus' birthday, the treats, and the presents.
Here are my bible verses for 2013. Again, looking back, each verse fit perfectly what we were going through at the time:
- The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:2
- My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
- Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14
- Surely You have granted me eternal blessings and made me glad with the joy of your presence. Psalm 21:6
- In Your unfailing love you'll lead the people you've redeemed. In your strength, you'll guide them to your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13
- Be imitators of God...and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up. Ephesians 5:1-2
- I will praise You forever for what you have done; in Your name I will hope, for Your name is good. Psalm 52:9
- You are my lamp, O Lord; You turn my darkness into light. 2 Samuel 22:29
- Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known to the nations what He has done. 1 Chronicles 16:8
- Stand firm, let nothing move you...you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:6