Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Holiday Season

This may be our best Christmas ever.  The girls, their ages, and many other blessing from the Lord are allowing us to just have a festive, happy, fun time of the year.  The past few years have not been like this, so it really is exciting.

We had a nice, low key Thanksgiving with my mom and nanny here.  They brought the food.  We ate the most delicious food and didn't have to do anything.  Winning.  We just ate, visited, and rested.

I did go to WM that night because of the $9 crock pot and the $5 disney princess.  I was a first-timer with the whole black friday/thursday thing.  It was crazy.  But, successful.  And, I just wanted to get out of the house.

We started decorating for Christmas over the weekend.  The team came over for dinner on Sunday night, and yesterday I put up 2 more trees and cleaned up from the night before.  Yes, I have 3 trees.  yes, it is excessive, but the girls LOVE it.  They are in awe.

A highlight of my 31 years happened last night as both girls sat in my lap and we watched Charlie Brown Christmas with only the lights of the trees on.  Such a sweet moment.








It's a hectic time and we are expecting a winter storm, but I'm just trying to soak in all the good.  Christmas is good.  We celebrate the birth of our Savior, the love of family, and the joy of friends and loved ones!


No comments: