Last week Josh and I made some big decisions (that I can't really share right now,) he went to NY, and I had to register our baby for Kindergarten!
The girls and I are so excited he's coming home today! Yesterday after church, I decided I would say "yes" to all their requests and questions until bed time. Let's be honest, I say NO alot. They ask a zillion questions and have as many requests/demands each day.
So, here's what I said yes to in a 7 hour span:
- Lunch at McDonalds, inside, with chocolate milk, sitting at the bar, and playing the touch screen game.
- painting in our church clothes
- go shopping ( I said yes, but they had to take a nap first)
- so they decided against that, and wanted to watch a show
- then, I made aubrey take a nap and Langley wanted me to play in her room with her.
- then, I needed a break :-) so, langley asked me if she could measure my room with the big tape measure (I've been thinking about switching some rooms around and had it out.)
- go get ice cream from sonic
- eat it in the living room with watching cinderella
- put on make up
- paint toenails
- open a new coloring book and colored pencils
None of those are a huge deal or cost a lot of money, but I find myself just wanting to AVOID A MESS or a MELTDOWN most of the time and I say no. It was almost relaxing to say yes to everything, once I figured out they didn't ask for anything crazy.
I think it was good for me to do this. Will I do it every day? NO. But, once in a while it would be good for us all.
Also, I was surprised they didn't ask for anything outside since it was a beautiful day. I have been having major allergy issues, so I think God was having mercy on me. This time of the year at our house, the pollen and flying bugs/things really make me feel miserable.