Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Haircut and Pneumonia

Since my last post, Aubrey got a haircut.  We also traveled to visit family, and came home for both of my girls to get sick.






Langley started first with her normal stuff that causes all the breathing treatments, steroids, and antibiotics.  That stuff is getting so old.  I was almost in tears at the dr's office and asked her if my child had lung disease.  While we were there they noticed Aubrey had fever.

So, Aubrey has run a low grade fever since Wednesday and started barking Friday.  At 9:45 Friday night she woke up screaming, coughing, and unable to catch her breath.  It was about a 10 minute spell and it scared me to death.  So, at 10:30 we arrive at the ER.  (I had taken some Zquil earlier, so that totally helped the situation - NOT.)

We leave the ER at 2:30 am diagnosed with pneumonia.  She got a rocephin (sp?)  shot, a dose of oral antibiotics, and an albuterol treatment.  She slept until 9:45 this morning and has had a few bites of toast with a whole cup of milk and is now working on a cup of juice.  I'm thankful she's drinking...and she asked for Elmo, so sesame street is on.  She's still barking, but the cough has calmed.  Of course her leg is very sore.

That 's been our week.  I'm very overwhelmed with everyone's medicine schedule and breathing treatments.  I've been very attacked the last few days, I'm in a constant state of doubting and questioning each decision.  Blah.  We would appreciate your prayers!


No comments: