I enjoy lists. They are a major part of my life. I have lists everytwhere - in my (huge) planner and on sticky notes at home for chores and groceries, at work, Christmas lists,and what I call the "baby list" for what I need to buy/do before the baby is born. So, you'll probably see frequent lists on this blog. So, for my first official post, a list is fitting:
1. Josh and I have been married since June 9, 2007. The picture above was taken at our rehearsal. In those 2 years and 4 months we have learned a lot about ourselves, each other, and how to balance work and marriage (since we both work at the same school.) Prior to getting married, I graduated from OBU, worked for 1 year in Marketing at Magic Springs and Crystal Falls, and earned a [free] Master's Degree from UCA, among other things.
2. We are expecting our first child on March 1, 2010! Hopefully our daughter will make her debut between the end of regular season and the beginning of post season basketball! (Our perfect time frame is February 24-March 2...we'll see if she cooperates!)
3. Josh is the Men's Basketball Coach at Central Bapstist College. When he was first hired in 2006, he was the youngest college coach in the state and now he has the best single season winning record in the history of CBC. I never imagined I would be a coach's wife, much less a basketball coaches wife - it's very ironic actually if you know my dad!
4. It's hard for me to be a "good" coaches wife. Like I said I work at CBC as well and I have a very multi-dimensional job in Student Services. Basically, I can't be real friendly with the players because I'm an authority figure at school. It has been really hard at times, really wanting to be involved in my husbands job/ministry, but really having to protect myself and remain professional. But, my hearts desire is to be the "team mom" - making cookies, having them over for dinner [ occasionally], and being the biggest and loudest fan at every game! Maybe one day!
5. Our first "baby" is a Silky Terrier named Henry. We adopted this ADORABLE little stinker from the animal shelter in March of 2008. He is a character. I have several Henry stories for later!
6. I still don't always think of myself as a grown up. I know, I know. But man, responsibilities can overwhelm a woman! But, the Lord has so evidently put me in circumstances and placed people in my life that have blessed me beyond measure. I struggle with being a good wife, sister, daughter, grand daughter, niece, cousin, employee, and friend all at once. I pray every day that God will guide and protect me and all my loved ones - and He does. I may not notice it, but He always leads me when I'm lost and answers [one way or the other] when I ask.
7. This is the end of my first post. I know it is a bit boring and random, but that's me some days :-) Have a great weekend!