Monday, September 20, 2010

I Took Your Picture Today

Actually, I took pictures of Langley every day last week.  I was just overwhelmed by how fast time is passing and what a joy this baby is! 

Some highlights of the week:
  • Going on a walk every day in our neighborhood.
  • Langley is sitting up very well and for several minutes at a time! We still have incidents where she flings her self backwards head first, but, she's getting better.
  • I finally feel like I'm not drowning in school work.  Yes, I only teach 3 classes, but I have 80 or so students.  That's a lot of grading and prep work for a part time job.  This week, all of my classes met online.  Surprisingly, the students did great - most of them did what they were supposed to do- and I didn't have to get up at 6:00 every day this week!
  • I've finally heard some "da da's."  She doesn't know what she's saying, but at least there are some consanant sounds!  Every day when Josh gets home, I say "daddy's home" and Langley freaks out.  She smiles her little face off and flings her arms and squeals.  I like to pretend she would do that for me as well :-)
  • Watching the last season of Oprah.  I haven't really been a big Oprah fan in the past few years, but I've watched it every day this week. PS, did you know the tax payers of Australia are footing the bill for Oprah's big trip with the audience?  I'm not sure what I think about that.  I mean, it's not like Oprah couldn't fund the tripl herself.
  • Going 2 days in a row without a long period of crying/fit throwing/nap avoiding.  It's good for the soul.
  • Finding Langley under her bookshelf.  Apparently she can roll 6 feet across the floor and slide backwards to get under a piece of furniture in under 30 seconds. 
  • Surviving the 6 month shots.  My child is a trooper.  She would put most adults to shame by how well she handles shots.  Cries for like 10 seconds - only from the pinch and sting of the actual shot.  I think it helps that neither Josh or I freak out about the shots, so she's not feeding off that panicky energy either.  [I am not scared of shots, but in full disclosure, I was panicky about an epidural...that's a BIG needle] Thankfully, no bad reactions.  I've given her a couple doses of tylenol, but she's seemed fine.
  • Our neighbors removing their unsightly unmarked UHaul truck from their front yard.
Monday



Tuesday




 
Wednesday




 
Thursday



Friday


1 comment:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

The Wed smiling pic is the CUTEST!! Love this!!