Thursday, August 4, 2011

Just to Document

Here are some things I want to remember:

1.  We officially started the process of getting rid of the paci today.  For months now Langley has only used a paci at nap time and bed time.  I had it clipped on her sleep sack.  Step one was to unclip the paci.  If she loses it, she doesn't get it back and hopefully learn [quickly] how to fall back asleep or just relax without it.  She slept great all night last night but nap time today was a fail.  I think I'm going to do this for a week and then cut the paci so it feels weird [unpleasant] in her mouth.  My goal is to be paci-free in a month.

2.  I can officially be mom of the year because I tried, and failed miserably, to trim her bangs.  Here's the story:  yesterday afternoon we were both in unpleasant moods.  I just kept watching her rub her eyes and try to get the hair out of her face.  Apparently I lost my mind and grabbed the scissors.  I butchered those bangs.  They are too short and uneven.  At least I stopped and didn't try to "fix" them, I have heard way too many horror stories about this.  I was already thinking "heather's going to kill me!" and just waiting on Josh to make a reference to dumb & dumber.   So, I'm mom of the year and Langley is rocking some sweet bangs.  I did my best today to pull them back, comb them over, and spray them down.  Lesson learned.  Pictures tomorrow :-)

3.  My man got confirmation today that he is done with his Master's Degree!  I am so proud of him!!  At least one of us is using our master's :-)  He has an MA in Coaching and Athletic Administration!!

No comments: