Monday, November 30, 2009

T Minus 3 Months!

3 Months till our due date! There will be many changes going on in the next few months. As of today, I officially have a new job title! I am very excited to be the Director of Retention and Recruitment! The new Dean of Students will do a great job but the transition will take awhile. He will take over Housing, Chapel, Student Conduct, and Career Services. My new position includes Admissions, Student Retention Programs, Student Activities, and the Orientation Classes. Many of the things I dreaded and/or despised about work are no longer in my job description!! I did not see this plan coming, but am thanking the Lord!! No job is perfect or without stress, but my stress will change and be greatly reduced so I can be a better wife and mother! All of this came about 2 days before Thanksgiving Break and was made official today. Crazy good!



Over the break I got a new vehicle...I'm so glad that whole saga is over. We prayed that we would make wise decisions throughout the process in settling with the insurance. As I payed bills tonight I thanked God for taking a very negative situation (totalling my car) and turning it into a positive.


I started decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. So far, I have 2 of my 3 trees decorated and my santa collection out. More to do, but I tire out pretty quickly these days. After about the 30th time of hitting my belly on the same corner, I got pissed and decided to take a decorating break. Josh told me I had to learn how to get around as a big body...he makes me laugh :-) Here are a few pictures to prove I am in the Christmas spirit.



The large, non-pre-lit, silver and gold tree.




The "special tree." I like to collect ornaments from everywhere I go and the tree holds many years of special memories.



We are cuddling up on this chilly night. Here's a picture of my sweet boys enjoying a night at home!





No comments: