Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Updates


The picture above is far from perfect, but we rarely get a family pic, so I thought I would share! 

Randomly, here are some things I felt compelled to share:

1.  Langley currently eats solids twice a day.  She hates fruit, so I mix it in with her rice cereal in the mornings and she likes it.  She has loved all veggies we've tried:  sweet potato, green peas, carrots, and avocado.  I have made and frozen all of the above veggies :-)

2.  I mentioned in an earlier post that she weighed 18 pounds.  I guess we are about to move up to size 3 diapers.  I can't believe she's almost 6 months old.  That's half a year!  What in the world?!

3.  Who's ready for Razorback football?!  Um, my household is!  Even though we live basketball, [thankfully] we watch a lot more football on television.  I can't hardly force myself to watch basketball on tv, but I can watch some football!  Who doesnt love starting your morning with College Game Day and a good SEC game?

4. An Asian guy at the nail salon this weekend is covinced that UCA could beat the Hogs.  It was too funny - for many reasons - but I've never heard a pedicurist talk football of any kind.  My reply was, "Um, not this year."  Hilarious.

5.  I had 3 out of 13 students bring their homework to class today.  Apparently, emailing them instructions because you have to cancel class to attend a funeral, is way over their head.  WAKE UP people!  I did show them grace and stayed a little after class for them to finish and turn in their work, but I don't have the gift of mercy, so I probably won't be so nice next time.  They'll learn.

6.  CBC has a total enrollment of 725 students!  We are up 100 students from last fall.  You can read the story here.

No comments: