Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Some Firsts

We took the girls to a high school football game last Friday.  It was Aubrey's first one ever and only the 2nd one Langley had been to.  It was cold and pretty fun.  We made it through the half time show before we left.

Aubrey is finally getting the hang of solids (I hope!)  After 3 failed attempts at cereal/oatmeal, I went to sweet potatos.  She's had them for 3 meals now and will even open her own mouth and does not gag!  Her first meal is with her 2nd bottle of the day, I let her drink half the bottle, do the solids, then let her finish the bottle.  The second meal is around dinner time.  I think texture is going to be a big thing for her.  I plan on trying peas in a few days.

We are spending Thanksgiving in WR for the first time.  I'm not going to lie, I don't have to travel or cook so I'm excited!  Josh has a break from basketball for 3 whole days and so far it has been delightful.  Langley is having a blast at school and the rest of us are home.  I cooked breakfast, have done my normal chores and feedings, and Josh is working outside in the beautiful weather.   Yay for a real break and family time!

Langley had her first Thanksgiving lunch at school yesterday.  We all got to go and have a yummy meal.  I was kind of disapointed that the kids didn't wear anything festive or sing a song or do anything but eat and run around, but, she had a blast and that's all that matters.
** Each family was assigned a table.  We ended up eating alone because the other family wasn't there.  I'm guessing they didn't know us and chose to sit somewhere else.  We were very much the outsiders there, no one talked to us but Langley's teacher.  Come on people, you all have known each other since kindergarten, many are related, and/or you see each other regularly -- take one second to speak to the "new people." **end soapbox**

And, of course, this is Aubrey's first Thanksgiving!  We are so thankful for both of our daughters!  They are the most precious blessings!

No comments: