Given the topic of the class, you have to expect some interesting quotes/comments/questions. Here are a few of my favorite from last night:
- While talking about the "do's and don'ts" of early labor, we were encouraged to drink a lot and to snack. But one nurse did add "Please don't eat Taco Bell. You don't want to see that again later."
- Concerning group b strep: "it's like strep throat in your bottom."
- After talking about getting checked starting at 36 weeks by your doctor and getting tested for the strep (by swabbing some specific areas,) Josh says to me: "sucks for you."
- I started giggling (almost uncontrollably, like you do sometimes in church) because one of the ladies on the video was Asian and had broken English, and all it reminded me of was the time me and Courtney just wanted some "brown rice and noodles" from Arkadelphia's only Chinese restaraunt and tried to order take-out from the buffet-only establishment. It's a very long story, but to this day I laugh when I think of "brown rice and noodles." [Yes, I realize this is not funny to anyone else.]
- And finally, this morning, one of the first things my husband says after waking up: "i wish we could get one of those birthing bars in the bathroom." Seriously. I almost had to sit down I was laughing so hard. I love that man.
Next week we have to take pillows and do some floor work -- I can only imagine the highlights I will have to share.