Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

With Josh and I ALL Holidays have glitches or are somehow stressful or cause tears. I don't know why, it just always happens. I'm so happy for all of you who have perectly blissful anniveraries, birthdays, Christmases and Mother's Days, it just doesn't work that way for us. Nontheless, we love each other, our child, and our family and friends. So, I guess we don't need a perfect holiday to make others feel special.

Mother's Day was good. I did not take the time to soak it in like I should have. I am a mother! To a beautiful and healthy baby girl! Oh my word!

On my "perfectly imperfect" first Mother's Day, I was late to church, started getting a cold, and had a baby cry for nearly 2 straight hours (this is very out of the ordinary.) My gift is a work in progress, a flower bed and sod for my front yard, but I did get some sweet cards that morning. I also got to see family and friends, had some very sweet messages, and got to stand up in church and be recognized with all the other mothers.

I only took 1 picture the whole day, and don't have it downloaded yet. The best gift I got all day was Langley NOT crying or screaming while I gave her a bath. Thank you, sweet girl, I couldn't have asked for more!

No comments: