Monday, July 18, 2011

Our Weekend

Josh had his annual guys trip to the Cossatot river this weekend and Langley and I headed down to SW Arkansas as well!  We got to visit with lots of family including:  my mother and father in law, sister and brothers in law, the Tanaka tribe, my mom, memaw, aunt cleo, trudy and kristin, sharon and the Plyler boys, linda, karen, kim, plus our nursing home peeps, and the park hill baptist church folks! We had a good time, but Langley did not eat or sleep for about two days. There was just too much excitement, I guess. 

On the way down, while we were packed into the truck (Henry and all) and already uncomfortable, the AC went out.  Let's just call it unpleasant.  Well, since we apparently own the "miracle" truck, it turns out nothing was  broken [maybe it just froze up.]

Well, as my luck runs, the passenger side window accidentally got busted.  It is fixable and no one was hurt, and that is what is important.  So, our ride home today was again on the unpleasant side.  But, we made it!!

Speaking of things that happen only to me...this morning before church I went to put some gas in my mom's car since she had let me use it for a few days.  I pulled into the gas station, thinking I was one step ahead of the game since I knew what side the gas thing was on, and tried to access the gas cap.  Um, I couldn't figure out how to open it.  There was nothing to pull or grasp, so I assume there had to be a button inside the car.  My mom's car is pretty complicated -- I had to ask her how to lock the car if i was inside because the button is randomly in the middle instead of on the door  -- so I start examining every control.  Nothing.  I looked in the middle console, around the radio and AC controls, on the door.  By now I am sweating and getting embarrassed.  Then I try to be mature and I look again, this time nearly standing on my head.  Ya'll I ended up driving back to her house and getting out the owner's manual!  After 5 minutes, I realize that you just flip it open, even though it is hard to get hold of anything to do so.  I go back to the same gas station.

I grabbed a card out of my wallet and swiped it.  Crap.  I had grabbed a rebate card from verizon.  It's like a pre loaded card.  The machine wont read it, "see cashier."  I leave my baby in the car [all windows down, it was about 10 am] and head inside.  There are 3 people in front of me in line.  Even though I was in A-town, I was jittery about leaving my child in the car, it was bothering me.  I get to the cashier, explained what happend, told her how much gas I wanted to pre pay for, and she tells me she can't reset it becuase I left the nozzel in the car. 

By this time there are 5 people behind me in line.  I just left.  I was done.  And sweating.  I left Josh a very dramatic voicemail about how God did not want me to get gas today, so he would have to do it when he came to get us. 

I mean, can I make getting 1/2  tank of gas any more complicated?!  Geez!

I was so busy this weekend, I didn't take any pictures on my real camera.  I started laughing when I looked at the pictures on my phone because they are so random (much like this rambling post!)  Phone pics from our weekend:

Langley trying to put my mom's glasses on.
 This singing purse was one of the favorite toys this visit.
 Reading with Memaw

 Reminds me of my Pop :-)

No comments: