Aubrey spent last night in her own room for the first time. She had been in the pack and plaiy in our room, but after 2 long nights we decided to adjust some things, including moving her into her own bed. Langley slept in her own bed very early on as well. This time we have a video monitor, which is comforting since we have a little one that doesn't want to be swaddled all night or sleep on her back all the time. (Things are so different this time around!)
Here is some info about Aubrey at 2 1/2 weeks old:
- sleeps great. will go a couple of 4 or 5 hour stretches each night. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.
- eats a lot. I still right down each time I feed her and it's like at least 9 times in a 24 hour period. She has not had a lot of tummy problems and doesn't spit up much, but we've used the mylicon with her more than Langley used it.
- hates the sling, but loves the bjorn.
- does not have much awake and happy time. Tuesday and Wednesday were hard days here. She screamed a lot. I've had to learn how she likes to be soothed...still have to learn. She has at least 2 "yuck" times of the day. Normally mid-morning (which sucks because this was L and I's most productive/happy time of the day,) and whenever we try to eat dinner. I'm praying she becomes a happy and content little girl very soon. She still sleeps most of the time and she's still tiny, but she doesn't seem content hardly at all.
- hates the bouncy seat, and tolerates the swing for short amounts of time.
- is very unpatient.
- is very loved. Langley even loves her despite the screaming :-) The first thing out of her mouth every morning is "where bah-ee?" They did have some sweet sister time yesterday afternoon sitting on the couch and talking. It's those little moments from God that remind me we are ok, we are going to make it.
- is so cute and tiny. Has long, blonde eyelashes, big blue eyes, and a newly developed double chin :-)
Sorry no pictures, I'm too tired tonight!
11 hours ago