Friday, May 25, 2012

Let Me Tell You About Langley






Langley is such a joy.  She has been so good, patient, and loving since becoming a big sister.  Sometimes more patient than me, I think.  Here are some things I want to remember about her at almost 27 months old.

Talks from the moment she wakes up until she falls asleep.  This of course is a blessing and a curse.  We have to enforce quiet, no talking time occasionally because she's a repeater.  Oh, she repeats.  Over and Over.  Her vocabulary and speech has really improved in the last few weeks.  Most of the time she is asking "what's that?!"  She assigns ownership to everything...daddy's car, mommy's shoes, Langleys juice, Aubrey's room.  As I type she is running circles around the kitchen yelling "apples juice!  apples juice!"  Apples not apple.  I still have to be her main translator bc most people have no idea what she's saying if it's more than 1 or 2 words at a time.

Loves the Fresh Beat Band.  Her favorite show inspires her to sing and dance constantly.  She loves to dance around in circles, hold our hands and dance, and sings mostly unidentifiable songs all day.  The FBB songs are the main tunes that get stuck in my head.  You know you have a toddler when you hum these songs to yourself all.day.long.

Very interested and initiates a lot of dialogue about the potty.  She even has taken her diaper off and peed in her bed a few times.  I'm not ready.  Not yet.  She probably is, though.

As far as the "terrible twos"  she's typical.  She either totally obeys or totally disobeys.  It's all or nothing with her.  I think when she ran away from me (1 week after giving birth) down the middle of our street  and would not stop was probably the worst thing she's done. so far.   It scared me to death and infuriated me.    Tantrums will happen if she's tired or hungry.  We live by nap and eating times, so we always know if she's a ticking time bomb or not.

We couldn't love her more.

No comments: