Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Verses

Like last year I memorized a verse each month.  And, like last year, reading back through them all I'm so amazed at how on-point each verse is for that time in our life. 

This year (and part of last) has been rough.  We have been very humbled, confused, scared, and sad at times.  Obviously, there have been many blessings - hello, Aubrey the cutest baby around - but we've had many struggles and low points.  God has used each thing to teach and grow us.  He has strengthened us through His Word and through the love of others.

2012

January 27:  All my longing lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you.  Psalm 38:9

February 7:  Do not merely listen to the Word and so decieve yourselves. Do what it says.  James 1:22

March 9:  Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name.  Psalm 86:11

April 19:  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Galatians 6:9

May 15:  Better a little with fear of the Lord that great wealth with turmoil.  Proverbs 15:16

June 7:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  Lamentations 3:22

July 11:  The Lord is my Shephard, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.  Psalm 23:1-3

August 14:  Submit to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and He will come near to you.  James 4:7-8

August 22:  Humility and fear of the Lord will bring wealth, honor, and life.  Proverbs 22:4

September 18:  No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has planned for those who love Him.  1 Corinthians 2:9

October 8:  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:17

November 26:  May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

December 6:  The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will regjoice over you with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

Happy New Year!

No comments: