Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Heavy Heart

My heart is so heavy today for such sadness and hardship people have been facing recently.  3 things specifically have been on my heart today.

One, obviously being the tornado victims in Oklahoma.  My hometown was hit by a huge tornado when I was in jr high.  Every time I hear of another devastating storm, my heart hurts.  While my home was not destroyed, I can relate to the emotions that come from a town having to recover from such devastation and loss.

I've also been praying for the Taylor family in Jonesboro.  I went to college with Lynsey but I don't know her personally.  She is battling cancer for the second time.  She and her husband have 4 children.  From what I understand the prognosis is not good.  Not good at all.  I can't even fathom the sadness, fear, and hundreds of other emotions they face on a daily basis.  And ya'll, this family loves Jesus.  The testimony from their story has already been absolutely beautiful.

I'm also just so sad for the family and friends of Sydney Randall.  The 14 year old from our small town went missing a few months ago and her body was found in the river just this weekend.  So much sadness associated with this story, but I pray God will bring closure and healing.

These stories put things in perspective for me.  My Langley is sick and we had a bad experience with a new doctor's office, but my goodness I can hold my baby tonight and that's a blessing I will not take for granted.

Praying.

No comments: