Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Time at Church

We all went to church last Sunday.  Getting everyone ready and out the door actually went very smoothly, but the rest of the trip stressed. me. out.

Aubrey screamed at least 20 of the 35 minute trip to and from church.  We got to church and I fed her in the car because we were early and she was going nuts.  Josh took Langley to her class and got us a seat.  I knew Aubrey would not tolerate the car seat, so I carried her and all our crap in.  As I'm getting out of the car, I spilled my entire cup of water in my seat.

I got inside and she was still hungry, so  she ate her bottle and enjoyed the music.  I was very afraid she would burp or poop very loudly while everyone was quiet.  But no, she made it about 5 minutes of the sermon and then wailed.  She had been eating/burping/sleeping and then just yelled.  I scooped her and the bottle and a burp rag up and booked it out to the lobby.  She drank from the same freakin' bottle for an hour and a half.  I was sweating and exhausted (I held her the entire time.)  After church I was sure she would sleep - her tummy was full and she'd been awake since 6 am.  Oh no, she screamed on the way home.

I was scarred.  It took me days to get over this experience.  It's like I had to forgive her!  We won't be going back until I can take her to the nursery. 

Here we are before the trauma- yes she was crying.  Langley wore the same little dress the first time she went to church.

fake smiles...

No comments: