Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Sunday Before Class Starts

Yesterday was our last day of summer.  Josh was home all day.  We played in the kiddie pool in the backyard.  It was our last hoo-rah before our year begins.

Today we went to Sunday school for the first time, our pastor preached his last sermon,  and tons of students and most of our players were at our church.  Aubrey was screaming when I picked her up.  I really think she thought I had left her :-(  I think the combination of Langley starting out in the room with her, then moving to her own class, plus being in the nursery almost 3 hours, plus being close to nap time, plus seeing other moms and dads before I got in there, just sent her over the edge.  I got her and she laid her head on my should and held on for dear life.  Sweet baby.

We decided to go eat Mexican after church - with the rest of town.  There were no more high chairs, that's how busy it was.  Despite this, we were able to inhale our food at record setting pace and get out before anyone had a meltdown.

We got home, put the girls to bed, and I ran out the door to do my weekly grocery shopping.  As soon as I got back, Josh helped me unload then he went to the office.  He'll work well past the girl's bedtime.  He has to leave the house at 4:45 in the morning.

Ready or not, school has started.  There is a team who needs him, there are classes to be taught, there are meetings and practices and study halls and 5 am conditioning.  The girls and I will adjust, but today I just want to lay in bed and mope.

I did just that for 3 minutes before Langley was up from her nap.

My introverted soul  is screaming for some time to sit, be quiet, think, prepare. The older I get the more introverted I get.  I like being around people, but it exhausts me.

Anyway, here's to 2013-14!!  It will be a great year, if for no other reason than we don't own a house!!   It's been almost a month since closing and it's still an awesome feeling!

No comments: