Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ending on a High Note

Langley has been great the last few days!  It's like she's back to "normal."  Since Thursday, we've had many smiles and laughs rather than whining and screaming.  Thank you Jesus.

Langley will now "give five" consistently.  It's so cute.  She started this on Thursday and I will randomly test her, like when she gets up in the morning or before I change her diaper I say "gimme five" and she does it!  Her first trick :-)

She's been a great sleeper and napper and has seemed to just be feeling better.  I don't know really what the deal was, because she still doesnt have a tooth, anyway I'm thankful for the break!  I think my mental and emotional states are much better, too.

One day this week my devotional gave me these verses:

Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands.  Deuteronomy 7:9

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.  Hebrews 10:23


Whatever may be making you feel hopeless, big or small issue, personal or with a loved one, God is faithful - no matter what.




         On a unrelated note, here's a funny story.  I was trying to run a few errands before the Razorback game started today, my last stop was WM to return a couple of things.  So, I find a parking spot, load Langley in the stroller, grab my bag and my stuff to return and set off for the building.  I get halfway across the parking lot and my stupid flip flop breaks.  I started laughing and just turned around to head back to the car.  I had to limp the whole way.  I caught a few people staring.  There were people waiting in their vehicle that I parked next to, they had to think I was crazy!  I kept thinking, "if it wasn't 90 degrees in October, then I wouldn't have to wear my stupid flip flops!" 
I promise not to wear flip flops out of the house for awhile, even if it is 90 + degrees.

No comments: