Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Random Assortment


This one had a haircut this week.  I now feel obligated to put a sweater on him when he goes outside in the early morning.


A brief happy moment in the jumper.

Playing/chewing


When she's happy ,she  is very happy.  When she's not, she's NOT.

Kicked back.
Here's the story:  I had to go to the office last evening for an hour or so to get some work done.  We went a little before 5.  She had just had a 1.5 hour nap, and eaten her dinner of green beans and some formula.  I packed 3 blankets (for plenty of floorspace, lots of toys, a paci, a jacket, and the stroller.  When we go to the office everyone was gone, so I played music.  And, lots of students were coming in for dinner, so needless to say, there was entertainment. This child.  Oh my. 
She spent the first 30 minutes semi-content either sitting in the stroller, being on the floor, or sitting in my lap.  The other hour, she whined and cried. loudly. without stopping.  I was so done.  So frustrated.  She didnt want to be held or play on the floor, so I ended up putting her back in the stroller and putting it in a corner.  I figured if nothing was making her happy, then I would try to make this as bearable as possible.  Well, she was actually quiet in the corner for about 10 minutes.  Just enough time for me to get finished.
I was still mad at her when we got home -- this phase is beyond frustrating for us.  It is worse than the newborn phase, honestly  it makes me cry.
    Josh got home and got her ready for bed and fed her and then she just kicked back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really have any help for Langley's fussiness but, I wanted to let you know it is comforting to me to know that other people's children are difficult sometimes. I am thankful that you are willing to share that Langley is not always a perfect child. I hate it that many people try to act like there kids are always perfect because it makes me feel like I have a terrible child. Sawyer is a great joy but, we have always had hard times. So you make me feel like I'm not alone. Thanks
Stephanie