Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Verses

I don't really know why, but last January I decided to memorize scripture.  The goal was one a month.  I'm sure I was inspired by the LPM blog.  This was the first time since grade school I had attempted to memorize any of the Bible.  I felt very led to do this and I asked the Lord to help me.  He did, and I've been so blessed by this process.  Each verse has been so relevant to exactly where I was at the time - full of joy, overwhelmed, in need of a promise, encouragement.  God's word is alive!

2011

Jan 3:  Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.  Hebrews 10:23

Feb 1:  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 100:5

Feb 16:  You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.  Psalm 16:2

March 12:  "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

March 21:  ...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. who have been called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28

May 6:  ...the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.  1 John 4:4

June 8:  Look to the Lord and His strength; see His face always.  Psalm 105:4

July 18:  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  2 Corinthians 12:9

Aug 3:  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...  Psalm 139:14

Aug 19:  "The theif comes only to steal, kill, and destroy.  I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."  John 10:10

Sep 27:  For our light and momentary troubles are acheiving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  2 Corinthians 4:17

Oct 25:  Humbel yourselves...that He may lift you up in due time.   2 Peter 5:6

Nov 4:  "...my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways...my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than yours..." Isaiah 55:8-9

Dec 8:  He tends his flock like a shephard.  He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart.  He gently leads those that have young.  Isaiah 40:11

No comments: