Wednesday, January 11, 2012

In Which I Start with Puzzles and End with the Potty

*  Langley got some puzzels for Christmas and she is so good at them!  I showed her how to do them and praised her big time when she would get the right piece where it supposed to go a few times, now she does puzzles all by herself!  She was even playing with a puzzle when we picked her up from the church nursery.  I guess I'm so impressed because I'm terrible at puzzles.  I have NO patience for anything above 50 pieces.



*  One of our players scored his 1,000th point and earned AMC player of the week.  Read more about Kyle's accomplishments here



*  I ordered the new baby's crib, dresser, changing table, and rocker - AND a double stroller yesterday!  I am so excited!  I am actually nesting this time and planning this stuff way earlier than I did with Langley.  I can't wait to meet her!



*  Langley picked up and put away every single toy in her room yesterday after I said "let's pick up."  I watched in astonishment/amazement/awe.  I wanted to write about because it will probably be years before she willingly does it again.



*  Finally, I have potty training on my mind.  I haven't done anything potty-related with Langley except identify the potty and if someone is using the potty.  She will tell me when she's pooped, but other than that nothing.  I've never even tried to sit her on the potty.  My plan is to wait till her birthday, then dive in - you know make a big deal about her getting her own potty, stock up on m&m's and laundry detergent, etc.  I dread it.  Absolutely dread it.

No comments: