Monday, April 12, 2010

Mom of the Year

More than a few times in the past 6 weeks, I've said "Yeah, I know. Mom of the year." referring to something stupid or semi-neglectful I've done as a mom. A few examples include:
(1) taking Langley out for a walk when she was 2 weeks old. It was warm and sunny. I was feeling pretty good. Then I get inside and it appears my child has a sunburn. [she didn't] I had not sheilded her from the sun trying to combat what was left of the jaundice, and it was March for crying out loud, but apparently Langley's going to be fair and her cheeks turn very red any time she's the list bit warm.
(2) I took Langley to CBC for lunch one day. It was 80 degrees outside. I dressed her in a short sleeved onesie, but it was FREEZING inside. I had no blanket and she was shivering before we left.
And (3) today was one of those days where if Langley wasn't eating, she was screaming. I had my 6 week check up today and dreaded it so badly I could not eat. It was very fast and non-traumatic. I just prepared myself for the worst for some reason. So, by 4:30 this afternoon mommy needed a time out. I put Langley in her bouncy seat, in my bedroom, in front of the TV with a Praise Baby DVD. I don't know what it is, but she finally chilled out and I ate and read yesterday's paper. 6 weeks old and the TV is already a babysitter. Mom of the Year, I know.

Gotta go, the DVD is over and the screaming has resumed. My time out is over!

No comments: