Wednesday, June 9, 2010

three

Three years ago today Josh and I got married. Here's how I remember it all....
I remember waking up that Saturday at my mom's house. I got up early. My dad stopped by, then my Nanny came and got me. Everyone was forcing me to eat so I wouldn't pass out during the ceremony. I remember eating peanut butter and crackers at like 9:00 am.

I remember meeting my girls to get our hair done. Fun times were had at the Hairitage salon :-) I really had no concept of time the entire day. I went to the church, I remember seeing the flower arrangements right away and thinking how perfectly they had turned out.

We got dressed upstairs. The guys were downstairs in room "AK," which is where many of us had survived a tornado. I remember snacking and getting my dress on, and not really caring about anything at that point. In fact, several days earlier, I had told my mom to stop asking me questions. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted to get married.

One of my favorite memories is watching all the guests arrive from our dressing room! I would get so excited and comment about how nice everyone looked.

I remember pictures. I remember getting off the elevator and waiting for Josh so we could have our "moment." We were giddy. I felt beautiful. Josh looked great. Pictures went fine, no drama that I knew of.

Time for the ceremony. I teared up as my aunt sang. It was time to walk down the aisle. Mom, Dad and I were on our way. My dang dress made us too big to all three fit comfortably down the ailse. Dad was stepping on my dress. I say outloud, "it's ripping." I look at Josh, he has tears.

The ceremony seemed to take forever. Maybe Steve Patterson was a little long winded :-) Time for the kiss, I hear one of the groomsmen make a remark, as a result, kiss was akward. We start laughing.

It was done! We were married! Off to the limo and to the Walker Center. We certainly didn't have a "party," but the reception was fun for me. Cut the cake, drink the punch, hug a million people, take some pictures, change clothes, the end!

I remember how great everyone looked. All my friends. My family. I felt very very satisfied, and hungry, and exhausted. It was a special day. So many people had worked and prayed to ensure I was happy and calm through the entire process. It worked.

There are special people in my life that I haven't seen since my wedding. Man, a lot has changed in three years. Marriage has been hard work, but very rewarding. I would say this past year has been the best, God's blessings have been overflowing.

I am so thankful for a husband that is so patient, loving, and trustworthy. A husband who loves me through all situations, and who is my #1 fan. A husband who has proven to be an awesome father.

Josh, I love you more today than I did 3 years ago.
Here's to many many more years together! More love, more laughter, more babies, and a national championship.

No comments: