Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up


It's been a good weekend! Josh got to go on his "guys only 4 wheelin' on the Cossatot River" trip, but he was back Saturday night. My mom came to visit and she kept Langley while I ran several errands. My first errand was going to the eye doctor for my yearly check-up. I am very nearsighted, but for the first year EVER, my perscription did not get worse!


We grilled some awesome honey mustard chicken last night - seriously, it was better than the Burger Barn for all you Arkadelphia residents :-) And we've also enjoyed some fresh-from-the-garden green beans and new potatos. Not my garden, but the "family" garden. Mom brought them up, and they were so so good!


We've been on "The Office"kick lately. My friend Robin has all the seasons on DVD and we've been borrowing them. I have to say season 3 is my favorite so far! We have watched the office all afternoon, literally since we got home from church.


Josh had to be an usher and do the offering this morning and I got so tickled because he had never done the offering and was worried about messing up. Well, he did - but I'm probably the only one who noticed! He totally took a plate from his right side and instead of passing it to the next row, he handed the plate to the row on his left side, thus leaving the right side with no offering plate at all. His face was too funy!


This afternoon I went to Babies R Us for larger swaddling blankets. I bought the large 14-22 pounds. Surely it will be a few months before Langley can break free from this one! She sleeps so good and so long swaddled! I had to go to Little Rock, because Target doesnt carry the brand of swaddler that works for us - plus I had a $10 gift card! I also got Langley some shades, they are precious!


We are ending our weekend with a game of Dominos! This is my last week at work - the countdown has begun. It is still so surreal that I will be a stay-at-home mom starting Friday! I feel an overwhelming urge to make a list of everything I want to get accomplished this summer, before class starts in August.

No comments: