Monday, April 18, 2011

A Post from Saturday

Josh has accepted the head men's basketball position at Williams Baptist College.  NorthEAST Arkansas.  This will be an adventure!
Josh and I went to campus on Wednesday for an all day interview.  Despite being exhausted, we were confident this was the place God wanted us.  For months, I have been seeking and praying about what God had in store for us.  As Josh told several people through the interview process he was looking at 3 things:  1)  We honestly want to be where the Lord wants us.  Wherever it is.  We know that we will be fine as long as we are in His will.  2)  What is best for our family.  Josh wants Langley and I to feel comfortable, safe, and happy.  Also, we need a situation that would be financially stable.  3)  A job that would be a smart career move.  Josh has many professional goals and we feel like this is a step in the right direction.

I am so excited.  If you know me, you know that I am fighting feelings of fear of the unknown and being overwhelmed by the millions of important decisions that have to be made in the next few weeks.  But, I am so overwhelmed by PEACE, and that is only a gift from God.

Telling our friends and family and CBC will be a mixture of emotions.  I've already told Josh to be prepared for me to cry a lot in the next few weeks.  But, I am so thankful that God has blessed us so richly during our time in Conway that it will be hard to leave. 

All of this makes this experience even more ironic. 

God is so good and so faithful!

No comments: