I just made Josh go get Langley from her bed (she's napping) and hold her because it thundered so loud! I just like to hold or be held during loud storms, so I figured she would want the same. It is currently pouring down rain with thunder and lightening, but most of the afternoon it has just rained. And I got to take a nap. I haven't done much else except make a list 1/2 a mile long to prepare for my week, start a load of laundry, and think about this baby food situation.
I am waiting until August 1 to start rice cereal. I think I can handle the cereal situation, but I start to get a little panicky when I think about what comes next. So, I will now ramble on with my questions and a few things I've read or been told by the doctor. PLEASE COMMENT with answers or advice if you have any experience with this stuff!
1. Thin rice cereal with formula. Start with it very thin. Do just the cereal for a week then introduce a new food each week.
2. What foods should I start with? I'm thinking I'll do a veggie first. Is there a specific order to introduce foods? The doctor said to hold off on meat until 9 months.
3. What are some good resources (websites, books) that you have used to guide you in feeding your baby solids?
4. Do you make your own baby food? I am interested in this. Do you recommend it?
5. What was the process (boiling or steaming, food processer or grinder?)
6. How do you store it? Reheat it?
7. How will solids affect her feeding schedule?
8. I have a high chair thing. I need bibs, spoons, bowls....anthing other essential gear I'm not thinking about?
I'm looking forward to your comments. (My goal is to get 5 on this post.) I will hold out cute pictures of Langley if neccessary :-)
Green Toys are 50% off Today Only
23 hours ago