Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Favorite Moment


I know I posted this on facebook yesterday, but I just love this picture! 

Yesterday was gorgeous, so we went to a park after naptime.  It was very evident that my child needs more social interaction with other children because she wanted to be all up in the action!  She would have followed a pair of little girls around ( 5 or 6 years old) the whole time if we would let her.  We also noticed a little boy close to Langley's age who was climbing on all the equipment, going up and down stairs, which Langley has never done.  I mentioned this to Josh and he told me he "just wasn't ready" to let her go and watch her get hurt for the sake of learning to climb the playground equipment.  He was very protective over her the whole time. What a sweet daddy!

 I stood back or sat on a bench because I didn't want us to look like the freak parents who don't want their kid to get dirty or hurt.  I think we proved that we were normal when I was holding her hand walking back to the car and somehow she fell and ended up flat on her back in the dirt and I just told her to get up. 

But secretly, inside, all I wanted to do was get home and give her a bath.  I really hate for her to get dirty, but I work really hard to just allow her to get dirty and not flip out.  I really am trying.  I also encourage Josh to play outside with her a lot because sometimes it just sends me over the edge. 

 I think part of it is because I am the one who has do to all the clean up and deal with boo-boos  and do the laundry- and sometimes I'm just already exhausted of those fun tasks and don't want to create anymore work for myself.  Can I get an amen on this?!  Maybe not.  Maybe I'm just a weirdo.  And, I'm definitley not complaining about my current role, but I'm human and no human should enjoy cleaning up after themselves or others 24/7.  Go ahead and amen on that one as well.

So, back to the main point.  The park was fun.  The weather was great.  We came home, played in the back yard, grilled dinner, had a bath and went to bed.  Hallelujah.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Haha! I totally get. Really.